Saturday, May 17, 2014

Day Seventy-Eight


Sent by: Jenni01
From: Finland
ID number: FI-1106813
Notes: This card shows the late Finnish cross-country skier Mika Myllylä.  He won 3 medals at the 1994 Winter Olympics in Lillehammer, Norway, and 3 more, including a gold, at the 1998 Nagano Olympics.  Unfortunately, he was suspended in 2001 for using EPO.  He retired from skiing in 2005, and was found dead in his home in 2011.  His death was ruled an accident.




Sent by: annekatariina
From: Finland
ID number: FI-1514958
Notes: I'm dumb.  I typed the quote on this card into Google Translate so I would be able to tell you what it says.  Then I turned the card over and realized that annekatariina had already translated it for me.  *sigh*  The good news is that Google Translate did a very good job of giving me an accurate translation.  I suppose you want to know what it says, huh?  It says: "You can find the treasures of the ocean if you dare to leave sight of the shore."

No comments :