Sunday, June 8, 2014

Day One Hundred


Sent by: destinity
From: Greece
ID number: GR-11976
Notes: This is the first card, and one of only two, that I received from Greece.  As it says, it shows the city of Athens, which I'm sure most people have heard of.  In the center of the photo is the Acropolis, with its most famous ruin, the Parthenon, a temple dedicated to the goddess Athena.  Below the Acropolis, towards the bottom of the card, is the Odeon of Herodes Atticus, a theater built in 161 A.D. in memory of the wife of Herodes Atticus.  



Notes: I purchased this card while visiting Guadeloupe on a shore excursion from a cruise ship.  I was less than impressed with the populated areas, but the natural areas were beautiful.  The photo on the left shows the Carbet Falls in the Guadeloupe National Park.  We took a trip to the base of the falls in a tour bus. I feared for my life...not at the falls, but in the bus.  The bus drivers whip around narrow mountain curves without knowing if there is a bus coming from the other direction.  VERY scary!

Hey, look!  I've made it to 100 days!

3 comments :

wassamatta_u said...

Woohoo! 100 Days! That's worth a celebration.

Ryan said...

Congrats and getting to 100! Although I have to admit, I read almost none of them while hiking the Arizona Trail, which means I probably missed more than half of your posts.

But all the rest I've read! =)

-- Ryan

Kristin aka Trekkie Gal said...

I figured that you hadn't been reading them, Ryan. Especially because I didn't have any comments on the post where I mentioned you!