Thursday, November 13, 2014

Day Two Hundred Fifty-Eight

Phobos - one of the 2 moons of Mars

Sent by: Not sure (I'll explain in the notes)
From: Netherlands
For: Private swap
Notes: This card was signed by all of the attendees of the Dutch Postcrossing meeting on May 7, 2010 in Utrecht, Netherlands.  Unfortunately, since so many people signed it, I'm not really sure which one of them I actually swapped with.  Oops!

If you're thinking that the photo looks like a blurry rock, you're right...sort of.  It is a photo of Phobos, one of the two moons of Mars, as seen by Mariner 9.  It's small, with a mean radius of just 11 kilometers, but it is still seven times mores massive than Mars' other moon, Deimos. The name comes from the Greek god Phobos, a son of Ares (aka Mars in the Roman empire).

FYI, this is my 600th post.  Yay.

2 comments :

Brenda Perez said...

Congrats on post number 600!

Great postcard - I like cards relating to space. When I get a meet-up postcard and don't know who it is from, I leave a general thank you on the postcrossing forum for that meet-up. Then someone will chime in saying they sent it :D

Brenda Perez said...

Congrats on post number 600!

Great postcard - I like cards relating to space. When I get a meet-up postcard and don't know who it is from, I leave a general thank you on the postcrossing forum for that meet-up. Then someone will chime in saying they sent it :D