Saturday, November 1, 2014

Day Two Hundred Forty-Six

China CN-285943 received 12-27-2010

Sent by: lavenowy
From: China
ID number: CN-285943
Notes: This card shows a red box with what appears to be another red box inside of it.  Both boxes have gold decorations on them.  But seriously, I have no idea what the significance of the box is.  The card does not have a caption, and the sender did not give me any information about the picture.



USA US-1257279 received 09-01-2011

Sent by: Elizabeth1979
From: Lansing, Michigan, USA
ID number: US-1257279
Notes: Meet Spockie.  Yes, that is the actual name of this etching by Japanese artist Yoshitomo Nara.  It is part of the collection at the Museum of Modern Art (MOMA) in New York City.  The sender, Elizabeth, sent it to me because of my love of Star Trek (I'm sure that's not a surprise to you).  She also shared some of her favorite Star Trek quotes.  One that I particularly like is "I could be chasing an untamed ornithoid without cause."  That's how Data refers to a wild goose chase in the season 4 episode Data's Day.

No comments :