Saturday, February 28, 2015

One Year!!!!!

Spain ES-104616 received 04-11-2011

Sent by: natifuerte
From: Canary Islands, Spain
ID number: ES-104616
Notes: Fuerteventura is one of the Canary Islands, which, although located off the coast of Africa, politically belong to Spain.  It is the second largest of the Canary Islands, after Tenerife, and was named a biosphere reserve by UNESCO in 2009.  The temperatures on the island range from 59-72 degrees F in the winter to 68-82 degrees F in the summer, and the rainfall is typically about 6 inches per year. Sounds like a rather pleasant place to spend some time, which is probably why the sender, who is originally from Germany, has lived there for many years.



Taiwan TW-344135 received 08-20-2011

Sent by: vivan84531
From: Taiwan
ID number: TW-344135
Notes: This is one of two cards that I have received that is shaped like Taiwan.  It's a cool idea.  I wonder if there are any postcards shaped like the U.S. or even the individual states?  Anyway, this card shows the Queen's Head rock formation in the Yehliu Geopark.  This type of formation is known as a hoodoo (yes, that is the actual geologic term), which is a tall, thin spire of rock that protudes from the bottom of an arid drainage basin or badland.  There are a number of hoodoos in Yehliu that were formed as geologic forces pushed Datun Mountain out of the sea.

So there it is.  One complete year of postcard blogs.  I hope my friend Goofy Girl doesn't mind if I borrow some of her confetti.  *throws confetti*  Now, this doesn't mean that I'm done blogging.  I do have almost 400 cards left to blog, so that will last me for a while.  Plus I want to get back into sending, even if it is only a few a month, so that will get me some more cards to post.  So I hope you, my three readers, will stick with me for a while longer.  Thanks!!!  :D

2 comments :

wassamatta_u said...

I'm sticking! I'm sticking!


Ya know what, that is probably NOT something I should be yelling out while on Public Transportation. Lesson learned.

Ryan said...

If wassa has been arrested once, he's been arrested a hundred times. He's used to it by now.

I'll check in tomorrow when it's the blog's birthday! (It's current form was born March 1st, and by golly, I'm celebrating March 1st!)