Monday, March 23, 2015

Gubernatorial

Missouri - Governor's Mansion

Sent by: Joy (Postcrossing username unknown)
From: Springfield, Missouri, USA
For: Private swap
Notes: I do not know the username of the Postcrosser that sent this card to me because she didn't write it on the card.  I tried the same process of elimination that I tried yesterday, but alas, it did not work with this card.  Either Joy is no longer a member of Postcrossing, or she has moved since sending this card to me in 2009.  Anyway, as the card says, this is the Missouri Governor's Mansion.  Do you know the capital of Missouri.  If you said St. Louis, Springfield or Kansas City, I'm sorry, but you are incorrect.  It is Jefferson City, and that is where this mansion is (makes sense, right?).  It was built in 1871, making it one of the oldest Governor's residences still in use today.

No comments :