Sunday, March 1, 2015

MI and MN

USA US-1164598 received 06-16-2011

Sent by: TCcardfan
From: Traverse City, Michigan, USA
ID number: US-1164598
Notes:  Hey look, it's a Michigan card that I didn't buy myself!  I did purchase a very similar card though.  Obviously, this is a map of Michigan and a picture of the State Capitol Building in Lansing.  The Capitol was built between 1873-1878, and it has undergone several restorations projects, most recently between 2010-2014.  It is 267 ft. (81 m) tall from the ground to the tip of the finial on top of the dome.



Minnesota - Ice Floe

For: US to US Travelling Envelope Round Robin - Flight 3
Notes: As the caption on the back of this card says, many of Minnesota's lakes are large enough to create impressive ice floes in the late winter and early spring.  So I'm guess that this will start soon, as we are now into March and spring is less than three weeks away.  Hooray!!


I was seriously considering not posting today just to irk Ryan. For some reason, he thinks today is a day to celebrate, even though yesterday was the day that I finished blogging every day for a year.  In the end, though, I decided it wasn't worth it to break my streak.

Also, you'll notice that the title of today's post is not a day number.  While the numbers made titling my posts easier because I didn't have to come up with anything creative, it got a bit tedious.  I can't guarantee that all of the titles will be creative and interesting now though (see today's for example).  My brain works better on some days than others.  

3 comments :

wassamatta_u said...

Happy Blog-Birthday!

(P.S. One should never pass up an opportunity to irk Ryan. It is one of the things that makes life worth living.)

Ryan said...

Happy blog-birthday! =)

It would have taken more than not posting today to irk me, though. I'm at peace with myself and such petty concerns wouldn't bother me. I'd just be patient and post a belated birthday whenever the next post did come. It wouldn't be the first time I've wished someone a belated birthday!

Speaking of which, happy birthday, Wassa! =)

wassamatta_u said...

Thank you, Ryan. My life is now complete.