Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Stuck in the Middle

North Dakota - Geographic Center of North America, Rugby

Sent by: Miss McFace
From: Illinois, USA
For: Private swap
Notes: This card had a sticky note on the back with Miss McFace's name on it, so I know it was from her.  I think it was for a swap, but as I didn't write that down, I can't confirm that 100%.  I just stuck the sticky note on my cat Jedi's back.  He doesn't seem to have noticed. What a goober.

Anyway, Rugby is a town of about 2,900 people in northern North Dakota.  As the monument in this photo says, it is considered the geographical center of North America.  The monument was erected in 1931, and then moved to a slightly different location around 1971.  According the the US Geological Survey, Rugby is about 15 miles from the geographical center of North America.  Oops.

P.S.  The sticky note fell off of Jedi when he moved.  He still didn't notice.  *shaking head*

No comments :