Thursday, May 28, 2015

Celebrate!

Netherlands NL-346261 received 06-01-2010

Sent by: Khushi
From: Netherlands
ID number: NL-346261
Notes: Hey, guess what?  It's someone's birthday today!  Well, actually, there are probably millions of people who have a birthday today, but I'm talking about someone specific.  Can you guess who??   It's me!!!  I love the cake on this card.  First, it's cake.  What's not to like?  And second, PURPLE!!



Netherland NL-1390714 received 08-27-2012

Sent by: Elonie
From: Netherlands
ID number: NL-1390714
Notes: Normally, I only post one card on weekdays, but I am going to break that rule today.  Especially because it was so nice of Bert and Ernie to do a song and dance for me!  I remember watching Sesame Street a lot when I was a kid, and Bert and Ernie were always two of my favorite characters.  They first appeared in the pilot episode, so they have been part of the show since the very beginning.  They were originally voiced by Jim Henson (Ernie) and Frank Oz (Bert), but now they are voiced by Steve Whitmire and Eric Jacobson.  Frank Oz does still voice Bert on occasion.



Germany DE-1357456 received 05-16-2012

Sent by: Petra99
From: Cologne, Germany
ID number: DE-1357456
Notes: Finally, what would a Trekkie Gal birthday post be without a Star Trek card?  This is a publicity shot of Spock, portrayed by the late Leonard Nimoy.  The sender is also a Star Trek fan, and she prefers Deep Space Nine.  That is my favorite series as well.  

1 comment :

wassamatta_u said...

I can't believe I neglected to comment here on your blog, during this most auspicious of occasions!!!

Happy, happy, happy, HAPPY Birthday!!!!