Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Where in the World...??

Kazakhstan KZ-5293 received 08-06-2012

Sent by: fyzname
From: Kazakhstan
ID number: KZ-5293
Notes: The only words that I could read on the front and back of this card (other than the sender's message) were "City Mall".  Unfortunately, it didn't say which city!  Well, maybe it did, but only in the Cyrillic alphabet.  I went to fyzname's Postcrossing profile to see where she was from, hoping that would give me a clue, but it seems that she has moved to the Czech Republic since she sent the card.  Fortunately, a little bit of searching through Yahoo! images let me to photos of this mall, which is in the city of....Karaganda.  Yeah, I hadn't heard of it either.  It is located in central Kazakhstan, and has a population of about 460,000 people. 

No comments :