Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Asparagus Time?

Germany DE-1268719 received 03-14-2012

Sent by: MyHighlight
From: Rostock, Germany
ID number: DE-1268719
Notes: I've found that asparagus is one of those divisive foods.  People seem to either really like it or really hate it (I'm on the like side).  And yes, there is always the question of why it makes urine smell funny.  The lovely and intelligent people at Mental Floss have answered that question for us.  Speaking of questions, what question is this card trying to ask?  The word zeit is German for time.  So the card simply says Time?  Seems rather odd to me.  FYI, the German word for asparagus is spargel.  And the scientific name is Asparagus officinalis, so I guess that means that it is officially asparagus.  

2 comments :

wassamatta_u said...

So... Spargel Zeit? Sparglezeit! I really LIKE that... That is going to be my new favorite pseudo-swearword!

"Oh... SPARGELZEIT!!"

Kristin aka Trekkie Gal said...

The back of the card actually does say spargelzeit. So don't go thinking that you just invented a word. :)