Monday, July 20, 2015

Wonderful

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

Sent by: medusa242
From: Washington, D.C., USA
For: Wizard of Oz Lottery
Notes: I'd venture to say that most people in the United States have seen The Wizard of Oz starring Judy Garland as Dorothy, but how many people have actually read the book by L. Frank Baum?  Or even know that the title of the book is slightly different - The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.  I have actually read the book.  In fact, the paperback copy of it that I had as a kid was so worn that the cover was falling off.  I also had one of the other Oz books (I think it was The Land of Oz), but I never really got into it back then.  As an adult, however, I have read most, if not all, of the other Oz books by L.Frank Baum.  There were other Oz books written by different author, but I didn't bother with those.  

FYI, the above picture is NOT the cover of the original 1900 publication.  It is actually the interior title page.  See, who says you can't learn things from Wikipedia!

No comments :