Tuesday, August 18, 2015

A Different Kind of English Moor

UK GB-209398 received 03-12-2011

Sent by: Kiki1979
From: Torquay, England, United Kingdom
ID number: GB-209398
Notes: Torquay is a seaside city of about 65,000 people in southwestern England.  This photo shows Torquay Harbour, and this area is known as the English Riviera. One of the most famous former residents is the author Agatha Christie, who was born and spent her early years there.  I have read a number of Agatha Christie's books, which I believe I mention in my Postcrossing profile.  She is also one of the characters in a really fun episode of Doctor Who called The Unicorn and the Wasp.   I had a lot to read on the back of this card, because not only is there a caption, but Kiki1979 wrote over 225 words in her message to me!  Her handwriting is very small and neat.  It looks like she might have used an ultra-fine point pen as well.  

No comments :