Saturday, August 1, 2015

Caviar and More Caviar

Russia RU-1067056 received 08-11-2012

Sent by: Queen_La
From: Saint Petersburg, Russia
ID number: RU-1067056
Notes: While the card doesn't actually say, I am 99.9% certain that this is caviar and crepes.  I would eat one of those two things.  I'll give you one guess which one.  I'll even give you a hint: it's not the caviar.  All those little fish eggs remind me of the scene at the beginning of Finding Nemo when Coral and Marlin are looking at all of their babies.  *sniff sniff*  

As I was writing this, I keep thinking that Queen_La's name sounded very familiar.  Well, that's because I actually received two cards from her with the same ID number.  This is the one that I registered on Postcrossing, 43 days after it had been sent.  So either Queen_La forget she sent this one, or she thought it was lost in the mail, so she sent the card I posted on June 15th as well. I received that one six days after this one.



Russia RU-2619044 received 05-23-2014

Sent by: natvorilka
From: Lobnya, Russia
ID number: RU-2619044
Notes: This card is captioned, so I can tell you that the hideous looking thing in the center of the plate is baked pike.  It is most likely a mackerel pike, also known as a Pacific saury.  It is sought after not only by Russians, but by Chinese, Taiwanese and Japanese fishermen as well.  They are imported to the UK to be used as bait for sea fishing there.  Also on the plate is some more caviar (looks like two different kinds), tomatoes, possible a cucumber between the tomatoes, some potatoes and green onions.  The card was sent to me "From Russia with love".  Yes, natvorilka actually wrote that. 

No comments :