Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Even Classier

California - Madonna Inn, San Luis Obispo

Sent by: wassamatta u
From: San Jose, California, USA
Notes: Remember the otter "Who farted?" card that I posted on July 25th, which was sent to me by my extremely classy friend Mark?  Well, Mark sent this card to me as well.  I can honestly say that he is the only person to ever send me a postcard of...a bathroom.  This is the men's restroom at the Madonna Inn in San Luis Obispo, California.  It's very...umm...retro.  The Madonna Inn was built in 1958 with 12 rooms, and later expanded to 40 rooms, but they burned to the ground in 1966.  A year later, the inn reopened, and today there are 110 rooms.  Apparently many tourists just stop to check out the waterfall in this bathroom, which is actually the urinal.  I'll pass, thanks.

Ok, Mark, the message you wrote on the back of the card says that you expect to see this card show up on my blog at some point.  You're welcome.  And it only took four years!!

1 comment :

wassamatta_u said...

Just be glad I sent you the "official" postcard, instead of a selfie.