Friday, August 21, 2015

Hello, Buffalo!

New York - Hello from Buffalo

For: US to US Travelling Envelope Round Robin - Group 42
Notes: The city of Buffalo is located in western New York State, along the shore of Lake Erie.  It was incorporated in 1832, and as of 2013, had almost 259,000 residents.  My impression of Buffalo is that it gets a heck of a lot of snow in the winter, because of the lake effect, but according to Wikipedia, it is rarely the snowiest city in the country.  As I was looking through the pictures on the card, I noticed a good-sized baseball stadium in the second "F", which struck me as odd because I know that Buffalo does not have a Major League Baseball team.  They do, however, have a minor league team, the Buffalo Bisons, who play at Coca-Cola Field in downtown Buffalo. 

No comments :