Saturday, August 15, 2015

Mexican Coffee and Austrian Cuisine

Ukraine UA-216250 received 02-27-2012

Sent by: Mary_successful
From: Lviv, Ukraine
ID number: UA-216250
Notes: This card was sent from Ukraine, but the caption on the back says that it is Mexican coffee.  I'm not sure if that means that the coffee beans were grown in Mexico, the eighth largest coffee grower in the world, or if it is a drink called Mexican coffee.  Most of the Mexican coffee recipes I looked at online had cinnamon as an ingredient, and as there are cinnamon sticks on the saucer, I suspect that is what this is.



Austria AT-113542 received 09-01-2012

Sent by: blizzard_maria
From: Salzburg, Austria
ID number: AT-113542
Notes: Wiener schnitzel is made from thin pieces of veal that are breaded and pan-fried.  It is the national dish of Austria.  I have been to Austria, but I can't remember if I had it while I was there.  Schnitzel can be made with meats other than veal as well.  A popular substitute in Germany and Austria is pork as pork is much cheaper than veal.  I have had turkey schnitzel, which was quite good from what I remember. 

No comments :