Monday, August 17, 2015

This IS the Droid I was Looking For

Netherlands NL-1053645 received 02-27-2012

Sent by: Igha
From: Hengelo, Netherlands
ID number: NL-1053645
Notes: It should come as no surprise that I am a much bigger Star Trek fan than a Star Wars fan. I am known as Trekkie Gal, after all.  But that doesn't mean I don't like Star Wars.  Obviously, the first three movies are MUCH better than those abominations they made in the 90s/00s.  But one character that all six movies have in common (and hopefully the upcoming movie will have him as well) is the adorable droid known as R2-D2.  It's amazing that even though he doesn't have facial expressions and his "voice" is just a series of beeps and squawks, he managed to believably convey emotions such as happiness, sadness, disappointment and fear.  He is definitely my favorite Star Wars character.  

1 comment :

Brenda Perez said...

I won't tell you how old I was, but I saw all three original films in the theaters. Of course the first one BLEW MY MIND! I had never seen anything like it before. I am one of the few who openly admit I liked the next three films too. :D We are all (not so patiently) waiting to see what Disney will do with the last three.

We are very nerdy here, and love to have fun, so we will be dressing up as characters when we go.