Tuesday, September 8, 2015

49 Years

Netherlands NL-2557086 received 07-05-2014

Sent by: Jeannette01
From: Druten, Netherlands
ID number: NL-2557086
Notes: Star Trek premiered on September 8, 1966 with the episode "The Man Trap".  I'm sure I posted something similar to this before, but I love Star Trek, as I'm sure you've figured out.  Obviously next year will be the 50th anniversary, and I'm sure it's going to be HUGE.  I'd really love to attend the big convention in Las Vegas next August, but it's way too expensive. I do hope to be able to attend a convention in the Chicago area though.

This card show the late Leonard Nimoy in a scene from the episode "Amok Time", which first aired on September 15, 1967.  This episode featured several firsts, including the first Vulcan salute and the first time the greeting "Live long, and prosper" is heard.

No comments :