Saturday, October 3, 2015

More Castles

Germany DE-3384700 received 08-11-2014

Sent by: OlafArens
From: Bochum, Germany
ID number: DE-3384700
Notes: I'm pretty sure that I have more cards of Neuschwanstein - eleven - than any other location.  Some of them I purchased myself, and others I have received through Postcrossing.  More than a million people visit this castle annually, so I have to believe it is one of the most photographed locations in Germany. wonder how many people who visit there 



Germany DE-3324623 received 07-18-2014

Sent by: nkerstin
From: Nürnberg, Germany
ID number: DE-3324623
Notes: This is the Imperial Castle, or Kaiserberg, in Nürnberg (also known as Nuremberg), Germany.  It is one of the three sections that make up Nürnberg Castle, which is one of the most formidable medieval castles in Europe.  Construction on the castle began in the 12th century, and by the 13th century, care of the castle fell to the city.  Preservation of the buildings began in the 19th century, but the castle was heavily damaged during World War II, so it had to be fully restored.  

No comments :