Wednesday, October 7, 2015

NOT a Glorious Feeling

Singin' in the Rain

Sent by: Tigerente01
From: Günzburg, Germany
For: North America Meets the World Round Robin - Group 310
Notes: Singin' in the Rain, starring Gene Kelly, Donald O'Connor and Debbie Reynolds, was released in 1952.  I have never seen the movie, but when I was in 8th grade, my class took a field trip to a theater where we saw the stage version.  I think I liked it, but it was a while ago so I don't clearly remember.  Anyway, I don't get part of the title song.  "Singin' in the rain, just singin' in rain.  What a glorious feeling, I'm happy again."  If the glorious feeling he's referring to is being rained on, I think he's nuts.  It's not a glorious feeling at all.  Of course, he could be singing about something else that I would understand better if I had seen the movie or the play more recently.

2 comments :

wassamatta_u said...

This is one of my favorite movies of all time. Seriously, it is wonderful. If you EVER get a chance to see it on a big screen.. DO IT!

Brenda Perez said...

I love this movie! Danny Kaye is brilliant.