Thursday, October 1, 2015

Prost!

Germany DE-3406038 received 08-16-2014

Sent by: McBumble
From: Sankt Augustin, Germany
ID number: DE-3406038
Notes: Although Oktoberfest started on September 19th, I waited to post this card until it was actually October.  Oktoberfest is a 16 day festival held annually in Munich, Germany, and is attended by over 6 million people every year.  The idea for Oktoberfest started when Crown Prince Ludwig married Princess Therese of Saxe-Hildburghausen in 1810.  The festivities ended on October 17 with horse races.  The horse races were repeated the next year, and a tradition began.  

Yes, this card is shaped like a mug of beer, and the title of the post means is a toast similar to "Cheers!"

1 comment :

Dak Love said...

Hello Kristin, I found the link to your Blog on Postcrossing Forum.My friend had told me about Oktoberfest.Nice collection!I enjoyed reading your Blog :)