Monday, November 23, 2015

More Than Just an Airport

North Carolina - Charlotte

For: US to US Traveling Envelope Round Robin - Group 69
Notes: I was actually in Charlotte, North Carolina a few weeks ago on my way home from the Caribbean, but the only place I saw was the airport.  It was a very nice airport, and one of the employees very kindly gave us a ride to our gate (my dad is 78), but I'm sure there are better places to visit in the city.  Wikipedia lists eighteen museums in Charlotte, including the Carolinas Aviation Museum, the Charlotte Trolley Museum and the Mint Museum (former home of the Charlotte Mint).  I'd happily visit any of those.  Trip Advisor has a number of recommendations, including tours of Bank of America Stadium, home of the Carolina Panthers (BOOOO!), and tours of the Olde Mecklenburg Brewery.  I don't drink beer, but I do like factory tours.  Anyone else have any recommendations in case I find myself in Charlotte again and I'm actually able to leave the airport?

2 comments :

Ryan said...

The aviation museum has the plane that crashed landed on the Hudson. =)

-- Ryan

Kristin aka Trekkie Gal said...

Just another reason to go there.