Wednesday, November 11, 2015

To Kristin From Kristin - Part 1

U.S. Virgin Islands - Map

Sent by: Trekkie Gal
From: Indiana, USA
For: Fun
Notes: Last week, I was on a cruise ship in the Caribbean.  If you only know me from my blog, you may not have noticed my absence because I had entries scheduled to post for the entire week.  Anyway, I sent a number of postcards to family and friends, and I also sent a card to myself from each island we visited - Barbados on November 2, St. Lucia on November 3, Antigua on November 4 and St. Thomas, U.S.V.I. on November 6.  Even though the card from St. Thomas was the last one I sent, it was the first that I received.  This is most likely because the U.S. Virgin Islands also use the U.S. Postal Service.  Interestingly, even though I sent the card from the post office near the cruise ship dock in Charlotte, Amalie, St. Thomas, it is postmarked San Juan, Puerto Rico.

No comments :