Tuesday, November 24, 2015

To Kristin from Kristin Part 3

Antigua - Heritage Quay, St. John's

Notes: Here is the last card I sent to myself.  I sent it on November 4th, and received it on the 23rd, so it took nearly three weeks to reach me.  The cruise ship in the main photo definitely belongs to Celebrity Cruises, so it may even be the same ship that I was on.  The ship in the circular inset photo is the Jolly Roger, or so they say.  I watch Once Upon a Time, and that is NOT what the Jolly Roger looks like! Anyway, Antigua became independent from Great Britain on November 1, 1981, so our visit was just a few days after they celebrated Independence Day.  Many of the trees and utility poles along the main roads were wrapped in the colors of the country's flag - black, yellow, red, white and blue.  

No comments :