Thursday, January 7, 2016

The Olympics are Coming!

China CN-173039 received 05-31-2011

Sent by: Unknown
From: China
ID number: CN-173039
Notes: Ok, so the Olympics don't actually start until August 5th, but still, that means they are THIS YEAR!!!  Let's just hope that Rio de Janeiro is ready...

This card shows Yingying, one of the five mascots from the 2008 Beijing Olympics.  The inspiration for Yingying was a Tibetan antelope, and as you can see, he has horns.  He represents the yellow Olympic ring.  

The reason I don't know who this card is from is because I received it more than a year after the ID number was originally requested.  Cards not registered after a year are deleted.  

3 comments :

Ryan said...

Thanks a lot! You just make work for me! I totally forgot about the 2016 Olympics and need to update the Summer Olympics theme appropriately. *sigh* And add it so it actually comes up during the Summer Olympics. All your fault!

Kristin aka Trekkie Gal said...

Hey, I just gave you 8 months notice. You should be thanking me!

Ryan said...

Thank you, TG. =)