Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Two-Faced

Illinois - Young Gorilla, Lincoln Park Zoo, Chicago

Notes: About 10 days ago, I went to the International Museum of Surgical Sciences in the Lincoln Park area of Chicago to cash in a Groupon for a 1 year membership.  After I looked around the museum for a couple of hours (it's not a very big place), I decided to walk over to the Lincoln Park Zoo, which is less than half a mile away and also free to enter.  While I was having lunch, it started to lightly rain, but after I looked through a couple of buildings, the rain had turned to snow.  Not icy, sleety snow that you might expect when the temperature drops and it switches from rain.  No - it was that beautiful, fluffy, softly-falling snow that coats the tree branches and makes everything look so lovely.

While I was there, of course I bought a bunch of postcards, including several lenticular cards like this one.  Scanning the card only shows one view, but if I move the card, I see another view of this sweet gorilla face.  I spent a while in the ape house, watching the gorillas and chimpanzees, and there was at least one young gorilla like this one.  Unfortunately, they didn't have any postcards of my favorite zoo animal: the klipspringer.

No comments :