Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Constitutional

We the People

Notes: I'm not sure where I got this card, but it was in the stack that I hadn't yet scanned.  This card shows an art piece with the Preamble to the U.S. Constitution using license plates from each of the fifty states.  It's called Preamble (there's a surprise) and it is on display at the Smithsonian American Art Museum.  In case you aren't sure what it says, here is the Preamble: "We the People of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, ensure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessing of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this constitution for the United States of America."  I can recite that from memory, which doesn't help me in any way, but I can do it. Maybe if I finally make it on Jeopardy! one day, there will be a question about the Preamble.  *keeping my fingers crossed*

No comments :