Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Another Science Museum

Illinois - International Museum of Surgical Science, Chicago

Notes: Sometime last year, I received an offer from Groupon for $10 off any Groupon of $20 or more.  That seemed to be too good of a deal to pass up, so I looked through their offers and found one for a membership to the International Museum of Surgical Science in Chicago for $20.  I like museums (duh!), so I purchased it.  I cashed in the Groupon in early January, and spent a few hours looking through the museum, which is shown here.  The building, which is along Lake Shore Drive in Chicago's Gold Coast neighborhood, was built in 1917 as a replica of a building at Versailles.  The museum was founded in 1954, and is operated by the International College of Surgeons.  

No comments :