Thursday, March 3, 2016

Where's it AT?

Appalachian Trail Mosaic

Sent by: Green Tortuga
From: Seattle, Washington, USA
Notes: Here is another card sent to me by my friend Ryan while he was hiking.  In this case, he was on the Appalachian Trail, and this card is a mosaic of all of the trail markers along the way.  All of the marker photos were taken by Sarah Jones when she through-hiked the trail in 2008.  I was trying to figure out where Ryan mailed this from, but the postmark is actually on the photo side of the card (lower right corner) instead of over the stamp, so I can't really read it.  I know it was somewhere between Georgia and Maine, which is where the trail begins and ends.

*Note: I realized that I forgot to hit "publish" on this post, so it's a day late.  Oops!

2 comments :

Ryan said...

I don't remember where I mailed the card from, but I do remember that I bought it at the outfitters in Hot Springs, NC. So it wasn't mailed in Georgia--I can definitely rule that out! =) It was probably mailed from somewhere in North Carolina or Tennessee since the trail follows the border (more-or-less) for the next couple of hundred miles. Probably Gaitlinburg (TN) or Erwin (TN) or something. =)

-- Ryan

wassamatta_u said...

So, basically, this is "Walking4Fun" in Postcard form...